Pages

Tuesday 7 January 2014

New Year’s Resolutions

WERE IN 2014!!! WOW! Time flies.

During the last few years, I haven’t made New Year’s resolutions because I learnt early on that I was terrible at keeping them. So instead of setting myself up for failure I just stopped making them. Don’t get me wrong, I didn't stop making resolutions, I just didn't make them at the start of the year for the whole year.

This year however, I thought I might try again. So I made two resolutions. I know that may seem quite little, but I would rather just have two and make sure I keep them because I really do want to be able to do them every month.

My resolutions are:
1. To try to focus/concentrate more - I find I can’t focus on a particular task for too long, as my mind wonders or I start day dreaming. So I am hoping that each month I get better and better at being able to focus on whatever task I am undertaking. I am also hoping that this will make me more present and help me to ‘live in the moment’.

2. Start exercising - I know this is one of the most common resolutions however; I really want to and hope to start exercising and hopefully keep it up. I don’t do a lot of physical activity, not as much as I use to and I can really feel the difference. The body becomes quite sluggish and tired, even when it shouldn't. I have not yet worked out an actually exercise regimen, but hope to have one in set soon. If I find one that works I will most definitely write about it.  



What new year’s resolutions have you made and what are you doing to stick to them?

No comments:

Post a Comment